The following protocol must be accepted and understood by parents:
- The monitor will be present at all times during the visit.
- The monitor will document interactions taking place between parent and child during the visitation.
- The monitor is mandated by the Court to ‘redirect’ a parent should they violate a visitation guideline (see 2014 California Rules of Court 5.20 tab for more details).
- The monitor cannot relay messages between non-custodial and custodial parents, except when communication is regarding the arrangement of visitations.
- Cancellations MUST be communicated prior to a 24 hour period of the visitation to avoid a cancellation fee.
The Custodial parent:
Will arrive fifteen (15) minutes prior to the start of the scheduled exchange and return exactly at the end of the scheduled exchange. Custodial parent and/or designees will be required to leave the area immediately upon the exchange of child(ren) and picking up child(ren).
The Non-custodial parent:
- Will arrive at the exact hour of the scheduled exchange and will return fifteen (15) minutes prior to the end of the scheduled exchange.
- Use of alcohol, non-prescribed drugs, cigarettes, vapor devices or cell phone calls (except for emergencies, games and/or selfies approved by BOTH parents) during visits are prohibited.
- Refer to 2017 California Rules of Court 5.20 under the “resources” tab for full list of parental guidelines.